Saturday, March 08, 2008

Organic wear™ 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer


Organic wear™ 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer

It is such a great concept: a organic cosmetics line certified by Ecocert that you can readily find at Walgreen's, CVS, Rite-Aid, big-box retailers, and supermarkets with a comprehensive beauty department.

However, Organic wear™ 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer is one of the worst products that I've bought and used recently. While it contains good-for-you plant oils, it also reeks of alcohol and the amount of alcohol is sufficient to dry the skin. My face felt tight after I allowed the product to dry. Why alcohol? This FAQ from Miessence, a direct sales company from Australia which sells organic products certified by Australian Certified Organic, provides some clues:

... alcohol is used to extract plant materials. ... Alcohol carries active plant extracts into the skin. A natural emulsifier and stabilizer, alcohol acts as a preservative.

Still, the product packaging states Shake Well Before Using, no doubt to mix the water and plant oils. I didn't see that the first time I used this tinted moisturizer.

I'm taking Organic wear™ 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer back to the store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is THE BEST moisturizer with coverage I have ever used!