Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Karen Murrell ECOCERT-certified lip color

Karen Murrell's self-named product line is a product line that has obtained ECOCERT certification for organic ingredients. Karen draws her inspiration from the natural beauty of her native New Zealand.

I was pleased to receive Karen’s elegant presentation box, which contained four lipsticks, a lip conditioner, and her skin and body care products. The outer boxes for the products are made of recycled paperboard and feature romantic, sensuous illustrations.

Over and over, I write that I am not a purist when it comes to cosmetics ingredients. When I try natural or organic cosmetics, I want to find out if they perform as well as conventional products. More often than not, I am disappointed.

When, however, I had read in Thread (NZ), that Karen Murrell lipsticks compare favorably with MAC in look and feel, I took notice.


Karen Murrell lipsticks.  Credit: Thread (NZ)

I've said it before, I'll say it again: makeup-wise, there's nothing as glamorous as opaque lipstick with a creamy to demi-matte finish.  And Karen's lipsticks have great color payoff.  They compare favorably with other lipsticks, such as those from Australian Poppy King.

Here are swatches of Karen's first lipstick collection:

Karen Murrell - the first lipstick collection

Colors (L to R) are:
  • Cordovan Natural (nude)
  • Pink Starlet
  • Red Shimmer – not as shimmery as the name might suggest, but that’s a plus: real reds should not be shimmery
  • Violet Mousse
Karen now has secure online shopping on her site. And yes, she ships internationally.

Watch out for an upcoming feature on Karen's latest lipstick shades: Coral Dawn, Carnation Mist, Sandstorm, and Fuchsia Shock.

No comments: